Friday, December 4, 2015

Interaction Hypothesis


      I have taken this image from http://image.slidesharecdn.com/presentacin1-pptinputandinteraction-120611215412-phpapp02/95/presentacin2ppt-input-and-interaction-13-728.jpg?cb=1339451758. The image that I had chosen to focus on the interaction hypothesis.

        The diagram explains about the interaction hypothesis which states that the development of language proficiency is promoted by the face-to-face interaction and communication. There are two forms of the interaction hypothesis which are the strong form and the weak form. The strong form is the situation when the interaction itself leads to language development while the weak form is the situation that the interaction is just the way that the learner find as learning opportunities whether they make productive of them. Interaction hypothesis. This hypothesis agrees that comprehensible input is crucial for language learning, but it will be more effective if the comprehensible input being integrated with the negotiate for meaning. For example, during a conversation it happens that the listener do not understand, the speaker will use various communicative strategies to help the interaction process such as slowing down speech, request for clarification or repair of speech and paraphrases.

              The reason why I selected this interaction hypothesis because I strongly believe that in order for a person to acquire or learn a language, he must involve in face-to-face interaction. The language learning process should include the input, interaction and output in order to acquire the language better. The language need to be used by the learners, but before that the learner needs an input as their basic. The combination between the input and interaction will produce the output.  Based on my own experience, I feel that I learn the second language better through the interaction. Since I was a kid, I was exposed to the second language by family members. When I had difficulty to understand anything, my families would rephrase the sentences for me. I feel that I always have problem to understand the rules alone without the usage of the rules. I need the input together with the interaction to help me produce the output.



No comments:

Post a Comment