This video clip had been published by Simonfilm on The Natural Approach (Krashen). I had selected this video clip because the content of this presentation is simple and clear. I enjoyed the content of this presentation as well as the layout. This presentation contains of colourful pictures and graphics. Pictures and graphic that had been used reflect the explanation in the presentation. Other than using graphic and pictures, the audio is clear and able to understand by me. I noticed myself gaining more knowledge and was able to stay engaged.
The speaker mentioned that the natural approach is a method for beginner that focus on communication rather than on grammar. The learners learn based on observation and interpretation on how a person acquires his first language. Furthermore, the speaker emphasizes that teacher should teach with a lot of comprehensible input that will allow the students to activate the acquisition process.
The relevance of the content toward myself because it reflects my own early stages of learning second language. At the beginner level, natural approach was one of the ways how I acquired and learned the second language. As a second language learner, I focus more on the information that is going to convey instead of focusing too much on grammar structure. I learned the second language through the exposure to the language before attending formal education in a second language. Exposure toward the language came from the family members. During the primary school, the total physical response is one of the methods that had been used by my teacher who taught the language. At that time, lots of TPR activities where learners simply respond to instruction by performing physical actions, such as pointing at things, handing each object, standing, walking, sitting down, writing and drawing. The teacher pasted pictures around the classroom, and students were asked to point at the right pictures when the teacher names it.

You are a very smart individual!
ReplyDeleteBut a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding layout.
ReplyDeleteHi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam responses?
ReplyDeleteIf so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help is very much
appreciated.